Well folks the weather forecast at this stage looks a hell of a lot better than what we have just had. So cancel any plans you might have had as its fishing time!!
Don't forget you can enter up to 10pm Thursday 12th March so tell all your work mates and friends.
After careful consideration of the current weather situation we have decided to POSTPONE the 2015 Tasman Bay Snapper Classic until next weekend 14th March.
If you cannot make it please let me know so I can arrange a refund of your entry fee if you do not want to donate it to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
We will have the same event timings and same venue with all the same awesome prizes but a week later.
I will also extend the cut-off for registration until 22:00hrs on Thursday 12th (this is to give everyone time to deposit their entry fee, no pay no play J )
So spread the word to your team members and also to those you know that haven’t entered yet.
(please send me your team members email addresses if you have not done so already so they can be kept up to date as well)
As you will be aware the weather forecast is shocking for this Saturday 7th March much to the disappointment of the hard working teams behind the scenes.
Taking into account the safety of entrants there is a 95% chance we will postpone the event until the following Saturday 14th March at the same time, same place unless someone can perform a miracle and divert the weather bomb approaching.
We considered running it on the Sunday but the committee decided with the residue swell in the bay and people having to work on the Monday postponing until the following Saturday would be the best option if we have to postpone.
There will be an official announcement on email and Facebook on Thursday 5th March confirming if it will be the 7th or the 14th March but like I said it is more likely to be the 14th.
If you cannot make the following Saturday if postponed and would like a refund please let me know asap so we can sort that out for you, or you could donate it to Big Brothers Big Sisters J
Also there has been several questions raised about small boats, dinghy’s, kayaks with engines etc having to launch from Nelson. We have decided to open it up a little bit for boats with engines of 25HP or less being able to launch from Nelson, Cable Bay or Delaware Bay only. This is a safety measure only and we will review next year if to keep the one base option.
If you have entered and have not supplied email addresses for all your crew (this is why we ask for them) can you please make sure you inform them what is happening and send me their email address to add to the database.
Also the full prize list has now been added to the Facebook Page and Tasman Bay Snapper Classic web page so you can drool all over what’s up for grabs…..did I mention check out the AVERAGE WEIGHT SNAPPER $1451 and prizes still arriving J
Make sure you “LIKE” our Facebook page to keep up to date with what’s going on.
And don’t forget there will be an auction with all proceeds going to BBBS. Yes we will even have EFTPOS and Credit Card available to clean out your bank accounts J
So this means you may have more time to hatch that cunning plan, enter a second team, buy more burly and stake a claim in the $25,000 prize pool. Don’t forget to tell your mates, its going to be game on and don’t forget, winners are grinners J